Friday, January 27, 2012

Dr. Seuss Fish

I think it is very important for my promising young artists to consider careers in art. Occasionally I'll have a student tell me she can't decide between being a teacher or being an artist, and I'll help her put two and two together ;-). 

Another wonderful art career is that of an illustrator. This week, my kindergartners looked at the artwork of Dr. Seuss in the book One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. I told them that he was both an author and an illustrator, and they thought that was pretty cool! Next, my students made up their own fish. Some used Dr. Seuss's ideas, such as a fish with a hat on, and others came up with their own ideas. We used crayons to draw the fish, and watercolors for the background. It was a fun project!






















No comments:

Post a Comment