Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gifts from Students

As an art teacher, you can very quickly tell if your students like you by the number of pictures and little presents you get. It has been almost 3 weeks now, so most of my students have gotten to know me well enough to have an opinion about me. Thankfully, most of them seem to like me well enough! Today I received several pieces of art from students, some created before class, and others created during class if they finished early. Today, 3rd grade was drawing fruit (using the hatching and cross-hatching skills they had learned last week), and one of my students finished early. He asked if he could have an extra paper to draw on, and I agreed. At the end of class, he gave me this very realistic rendering of art class: Miss Young drawing an example of an apple on the chalk board, while the student sits watching, grinning from ear to ear because art class is just so much fun :). The title across the top of the paper says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment