Monday, September 19, 2011

A Picture of Me!

Today some of my 4th graders finished their assignment early, so I let them use white paper and crayons to draw. At the end of class, one of my students handed me this picture, which I thanked her for, glanced at briefly, and then placed on my desk. I thought it was a girl walking on a sidewalk, with another sidewalk behind her.

This afternoon as I was grading art, I noticed the picture again, and realized that it is a very accurate portrayal of me! There I am in my gray sweater with buttons, with my pinkish red shirt peaking out from under it, my black pants, and my black shoes. Behind me are all of my brown cabinets and the yellowish counter on top of the bottom cabinets. What an eye for detail this promising young student has!

No comments:

Post a Comment