Monday, May 13, 2013

Crayon "Batik" Birds with 6th Grade

I'm not as happy with these as I am with the batik mandalas my 5th grade students did, but here is some more fake batik. I explained the process of real batik, and then told the students how we can use our crayons and some watered down paint (aka "ink") to make a piece of paper look like batik. As the school year is winding down, I don't think I got as much effort from these students as I could have, but there are still some really nice ones in here. Also, I think the subject matter of a mandala suits the style of faux batik a little better. But, here are 6th grade's "batik" birds:















1 comment:

  1. I don't know...I think they are pretty cool! Understand the lack of effort at this time of year though...blah!

    ReplyDelete