Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Meet Woody!

I purchased this wooden art mannequin at IKEA last week, and he was a welcome addition to my classroom! So far, I have not used him in any formal lessons (I would need a few clones of him for the whole classroom!), but I have offered him as a free draw option for early finishers. I told students that when artists want to draw a person doing a specific pose, for example, running, dancing, kicking a ball, or throwing something, they can pose the mannequin, and draw the figure. Then, the artist needs to use their imagination to add details like a face and clothes. So far, he has been popular! He is in a different position every time I see him. I asked some friends for name ideas, and someone suggested "Woody".

Meet Woody the Art Mannequin!


No comments:

Post a Comment